- Medical Expenses Tax Offset
- Net Medical Expenses Tax offset Calculator
- Health Care Card Information
- PBS Safety Net
- Carers information 16 YRS AND OVER Centrelink
- Carers information UNDER 16 YRS Centrelink
The purpose of our association is to:
- promote scleroderma awareness on a National basis
- disseminate information about scleroderma
- fund and coordinate scleroderma research on a National basis
- advocate for improved and ongoing support for scleroderma patients
The Australian Lung Foundation
The Australian Lung Foundation (ALF) is responding to the need in the community to reduce the significant and debilitating cost of lung disease, both in human and monetary terms.
Your support for our fundraising, advocacy and education endeavours will help us to achieve this.
A major focus for the ALF is COPD, which is responsible for the death of thousands of Australians annually and for adversely affecting the quality of life of hundreds of thousands whose COPD goes undiagnosed.
The ALF is now firmly established in its role as the peak body in Australia for this disease and remains committed to help those burdened by it.
Australian Heart/Lung Transplants Association
Was founded in 1984 at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney; basically as a support for patients, their families and carers to be able to discuss transplantation, exchange ideas and be there for each other.
We aim to contact all patients and carers at St Vincent’s Hospital who are in the pre- or post-transplantation phases. We are here to help and support these patients, their families and their carers.
AHLTA established and maintains AHLTA House, which is subsidised accommodation close to the hospital providing convenient, affordable housing for rural and regional patients.
AHLTA aims to:
- Support and inform pre heart and lung transplant patients and post heart and lung transplant patients, their carers and their families;
- Provide information regarding research and delivery of health outcomes in cardio thoracic health care; and
- Promote minimisation of cardio thoracic diseases; support organ donation and transplantation; and raise funds for cardio thoracic transplantation research and equipment.
AHLTA holds meetings throughout the year at St Vincent’s Hospital.AHLTA holds meetings throughout the year at St Vincent’s Hospital. Please look under Support Groups for meeting dates and times as well as other activities held through the year.